It's funny what people get away with saying to pregnant women. I supposed it is the one time in your life when “Geez, Jenny, you are huge!” is not expected to offend me? Everything is fair game, from body parts to bodily functions.
Ryan and I were discussing this on the way home from a day of errands. We even tossed around the idea of writing a book: Don’t Say This to a Pregnant Lady! His client, an anesthesiologist, who has done countless epidurals had some great stories of husbands (especially) who said things they immediately regretted. Like one dad-to-be who was following the contractions of his wife on the chart in the hospital. As one came by that particularly took a toll on his wife, he said “What’s a matter? That wasn’t even a bad one!” (I think Ryan was really being prepped by this father of three on how to not act when I go into labor!)
Well, we’ll let you know when you publish our book and make millions. Hopefully we won’t be using any quotes that come from my birthing room!
In other news, the countdown is 17 days! We can hardly believe it. I have had a few contractions, but nothing consistent. I still sleep great, but I have resorted to napping occasionally on the weekends. All in all, we are so ready. I can’t imagine another thing we need to do to prepare for this little one’s arrival.
We’ll keep everyone posted as best we can as things progress. Although I am in marketing, you will not be able to follow my birth updates on Twitter or even Facebook for that matter! We’ll post on here as soon as we can!
This may be my last picture update! It’s funny how much bigger you look when you see a picture of yourself! Does the camera add 10 lbs and 4 centimeters?
Ryan and I were discussing this on the way home from a day of errands. We even tossed around the idea of writing a book: Don’t Say This to a Pregnant Lady! His client, an anesthesiologist, who has done countless epidurals had some great stories of husbands (especially) who said things they immediately regretted. Like one dad-to-be who was following the contractions of his wife on the chart in the hospital. As one came by that particularly took a toll on his wife, he said “What’s a matter? That wasn’t even a bad one!” (I think Ryan was really being prepped by this father of three on how to not act when I go into labor!)
Well, we’ll let you know when you publish our book and make millions. Hopefully we won’t be using any quotes that come from my birthing room!
In other news, the countdown is 17 days! We can hardly believe it. I have had a few contractions, but nothing consistent. I still sleep great, but I have resorted to napping occasionally on the weekends. All in all, we are so ready. I can’t imagine another thing we need to do to prepare for this little one’s arrival.
We’ll keep everyone posted as best we can as things progress. Although I am in marketing, you will not be able to follow my birth updates on Twitter or even Facebook for that matter! We’ll post on here as soon as we can!
This may be my last picture update! It’s funny how much bigger you look when you see a picture of yourself! Does the camera add 10 lbs and 4 centimeters?

37 weeks
You are certainly not "huge" - perfectly petite in your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I will certainly not wait for you to update your blog either...