Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our little Ju-Ju-Be

Has it really been half a year? Wow! We are now closer to having a 1 year old then we are a new born! They say the second child grows up too fast, and they were not lying! 

We had Jude's 6 month well visit today and we of course, received two thumbs up from Dr. L. At one point during the visit, as Jude literally was crawling off the exam table, Dr. L looks at me and says, "You know this is not normal for this age?" Meaning, this child's freakish mobility! 

And speaking of mobility, Jude is now comfortable sitting up for moments at a time on his own. But heck, who wants to sit still when you can crawl over to big brother's toys or try to take his waffle off his plate? Not this guy! 

Stats were as follows: 

Weight 16 lbs, 13 oz
Height 28 inches

Foiling my attempts to hold off on solids and follow more of a baby-led weaning process, Jude had other plans. His serious interest in food (read: tears food from Mom's hands and then cries when removed. Or: follows Dad's fork to his mouth then plate and back for minutes at a time) we decided to give veggies and fruit a try. He knew exactly what to do upon first try! He now eats fruit/cereal for breakfast and a veggie for dinner. I am anxious for him to get to table food in the next few months and enjoy dinner with the family. 

This dude takes 2 good naps a day; usually at 9 and 2 for about 2 hours each and has pushed his bedtime back closer to 7, which is much more doable than the previous 6 pm! Night feedings are still a bit of a battle, but I think my body would go into shock if I actually slept more than 4 hours straight. 

I told Dr. L that Jude is the child you forget you have! And I mean that as the highest compliment. He is so easy going and happy that you often forget he is in the room! He adores Jonah - I'm mentally preparing myself for Jo Jo to be his first words! And has taken a new-found interest in the dogs. At this point they are like "whatever!" Babies are old news to them. 

Jude, I don't know what it is about you? Maybe the super chubby cheeks or those expressive eyebrows? Maybe it's how super snugly you are or how you giggle at ever.y.thing? But you have me wrapped around your finger! I can't get enough of you, even if it is 4 in the morning and you're screaming like a banshee! You are the sweetest little guy and I am so glad to be your mom! We are looking forward to watching you grow up! 





Unfortunately, these videos are already outdated! It still amazing me how one day Jude can't do something and the next he can! But, nonetheless, you can see the little guy in action!



No comments:

Post a Comment