Ugh, ok, I know. I've been away from here for a long time and to be honest the more time went by, the more I dreaded where to begin on recapping the time. I mean, it's a month! That's a long time.
So, let me back up to May 1st-ish: I left my job full-time and have been continuing to go in to the office 2 mornings a week to help during the transition while Jonah enjoys "camp" at a local mother's day out program. I sometimes can't wrap my head around how one can be so busy when staying home with just one child! But it's me, the overachiever, so I continue to feel to pressure to keep a perfect house and have a lovely home cooked meal for my hardworking hubby!
But it certainly hasn't been all work and no play! Jonah and I have action-packed days full of the science centers, the local pool, parks, Starbucks, shopping, afternoon walks and more parks! We've hosted lots of vistors including Jonah's pals Jenna and Charlie, our friend Melissa and just recently, Aunt Becky and the cousins and of course, Ro Ro. I have loved every single extra second I have had with him these last 4 weeks.
To catch up on Jonah, I can't get over how much his hair has grown! It deserves a post of its own. He reminds me so much of Ryan with his calm, reserved personality, but with an underlying dry and witty sense of humor. And speaking of Daddy, he is the star of the show in Jonah's world right now. When Daddy is home, I am a warm body who can get him some milk! You can certainly hold entire conversations with Jonah as he talks great and loves to tell stories. He is all boy right now, loving anything that goes and we often spend our time together watching the bulldozers working in the neighborhood.
I love this new chapter of our lives and feel so lucky to get these next 6 months with Jonah all to myself before our new arrival. And speaking of the bean, we get our "official" gender results on June 15, although we are expecting a boy thanks to our early ultrasound. The morning sickness is gone and I am feeling great. Always such a nice reminder that someone is really in there - I am getting kicked on a regular basis now. Gotta love the 2nd trimester!
I have lots of pictures to recap the last few weeks, and they are going to be out of order - just being honest! But since I still can't quite figure out where my charger for my point-and-shoot is and that whole issue with leaving my memory card at the office for my DSLR, I thought I would start with these that I already had downloaded from a recent trip to the McWane Center.
So, let me back up to May 1st-ish: I left my job full-time and have been continuing to go in to the office 2 mornings a week to help during the transition while Jonah enjoys "camp" at a local mother's day out program. I sometimes can't wrap my head around how one can be so busy when staying home with just one child! But it's me, the overachiever, so I continue to feel to pressure to keep a perfect house and have a lovely home cooked meal for my hardworking hubby!
But it certainly hasn't been all work and no play! Jonah and I have action-packed days full of the science centers, the local pool, parks, Starbucks, shopping, afternoon walks and more parks! We've hosted lots of vistors including Jonah's pals Jenna and Charlie, our friend Melissa and just recently, Aunt Becky and the cousins and of course, Ro Ro. I have loved every single extra second I have had with him these last 4 weeks.
To catch up on Jonah, I can't get over how much his hair has grown! It deserves a post of its own. He reminds me so much of Ryan with his calm, reserved personality, but with an underlying dry and witty sense of humor. And speaking of Daddy, he is the star of the show in Jonah's world right now. When Daddy is home, I am a warm body who can get him some milk! You can certainly hold entire conversations with Jonah as he talks great and loves to tell stories. He is all boy right now, loving anything that goes and we often spend our time together watching the bulldozers working in the neighborhood.
I love this new chapter of our lives and feel so lucky to get these next 6 months with Jonah all to myself before our new arrival. And speaking of the bean, we get our "official" gender results on June 15, although we are expecting a boy thanks to our early ultrasound. The morning sickness is gone and I am feeling great. Always such a nice reminder that someone is really in there - I am getting kicked on a regular basis now. Gotta love the 2nd trimester!
I have lots of pictures to recap the last few weeks, and they are going to be out of order - just being honest! But since I still can't quite figure out where my charger for my point-and-shoot is and that whole issue with leaving my memory card at the office for my DSLR, I thought I would start with these that I already had downloaded from a recent trip to the McWane Center.
Touch tank with Daddy.
One of his favorites and a classic - light bright!
Checking out a fountain at the farmer's market.
No comments:
Post a Comment