Monday, February 9, 2009

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.



Don’t get me wrong, it’s been an unseasonably cold winter, but the last few weeks have been about the warm sun, cool breezes and 65 – 75 degree temps. This weekend was no exception and we decided to take advantage of the perfect weather and celebrate Ryan’s birthday a little early (the BIG day is Tues. Feb 10).

Leaving a sad (and arthritic) Bones at home, Ryan, Tilly and I packed a lunch and headed to Oak Mountain State park, just a 15 minute drive from our house. People were out in swarms enjoying the weather, but we still found mile-long stretches where we had the woods to ourselves. Tilly found every opportunity to get in any water and really enjoyed her swim in the creek. She met lots of dogs along the way and was exceptionally polite (even letting one dog lick her in the face)! There were too many photos to choose just one, so I posted a couple on the slideshow below.

After a brief trip to Old Time Pottery, where I had to convince Ry “of course I need another pot” we picked up the Camaro that was recently fixed (should have been a whole other blog post!) and headed home for a quick rest. We thought about cooking at home, but who wants to do dishes on your night out? After some careful consideration, Ryan decided on McCormick & Schmicks for dinner and it was absolutely fabulous! They are known for their fresh seafood which we both took advantage of. I had my one serving of salmon a week and Ryan had redfish with some evil (low-fat!!) lobster butter sauce. It was a great evening and so nice to get out and celebrate Ry’s 29th!


No comments:

Post a Comment